Thursday, February 11, 2010

Project 1- playing with type



This was just something I decided to play with.

Type is such a functional design element that sometimes we can forget how elegant/pretty/interesting it is in it's own right. So I wanted to push type to abstraction in order to appreciate the from rather than function of letters. Also I wanted to make it a bit of a challenge to myself so there were rules.

Each tile could only have in it: two letters, two colors, and I could not change change the structure of the letters in any way. I did tilt or enlarge them but that was it. Lastly all of the letters are in the same typeface: Times New Roman

Can you guess all the letters? Hint: I only used the letters a, f, b, e, k, b, q, s, and g. Oh and I used caps and lower case.

2 comments:

  1. Tile 1: f and g
    Tile 2: Q and S
    Tile 3: q and G
    Tile 4: A and K
    Tile 5: D and e
    Tile 6: a and F

    those are really pretty im glad you did them

    ReplyDelete